Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Insatiable Memory

I thought of you today
scanning a photo to share
she remembered a memory
and you rose up
a beautiful, poignant watercolor
inseparable
joy intertwined loss

I miss you
all the indefinable pieces
your kaleidescope eyes
your open mouthed laugh
your long, lean limbs
the smell of your baking
forever etched in my senses
a measuring tool for my dessert endeavors

I'm not fun anymore
if ever I was
some spark has gone missing
integral part, that joie de vivre
difficult to kindle
a struggle to survive
I remember it
in your eyes

I miss my long curly hair and
I think I want to pierce my nose
odd notions for an almost 40 yr old
mid-life crisis swelling early?
or young adult desires delayed?
No difference,
it's all yearning
an insatiate wish
unattainable
ridiculous dreams.

No comments: