Sunday, November 14, 2010

I'm just tired

I find it strange that people are so age hysterical. It seems odd to me when someone refers to my age and insinuates that my chronological designation defines every facet of my existence. I don't feel old. (Am I supposed to??) I just feel mighty responsible and tired most days. I give myself permission, on occasion, to take a nap. I cook homemade meals every day. I make desserts from scratch. I don't find age to be a determinant in my daily life. Reality would seem to indicate that for the VAST majority of individuals age isn't an indicator of maturation.. I do find that my values don't appear to be the shared values of the general public. That could be age related.. or it could be education related, gender related, culture related, etc. Again, I'm glad that I'm not sharing the morals of the majority. I find them lacking.

Of course there are some things that appear to be age related in my perspective. I don't care to be found attractive to the general male populace. It enters my mind on occasion since those deemed attractive tend to make more money; for no other reason than another's desire to copulate with them. The testosterone hyperactivity appears to engage some disdain switch in my makeup, which then activates the desire to verbally beat the immaturity out of said "man". I'm definitely at an age where the mindless march annoys me.

I love technology. True, I'm not utilizing my iPod to it's maximum capabilities, as is frequently pointed out to me by my now teenage daughter. But that's why it's my iPod.. I like gaming, love PS3 and have a blast with the Wii. I don't pay a bill unless it's online. Every question I need answered comes from an .edu, .org or .gov. - which helps me retain my sanity and doesn't involve public situations in libraries where I am bound to have violent thoughts concerning other people in my space. I despise Wal-Mart and the mindset of patrons it seems to cultivate. I wish I didn't have neighbors, or at least live a good mile or two from them. I don't believe in excuses or the need for them. Maybe I am old. Maybe I'm just tired of the BS and see no need to entertain it.

No comments: