Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Lemme see if I've got this straight.. I go to school, get in debt to the tune of 80 g's to get an "elevated" degree that pays less than Chuck's B.S. and 10 years experience.. (no pun intended on the B.S. - sometimes it just works out so naturally!) So I go do this and work 40+ hours a week in a miserable job with an unmedicated bipolar boss. Leave said miserable job for an even lower paying job that isn't as miserable and only work 40 hours a week. Hmm, improvment. So I work my 40 hours a week, pick my daughter up everyday after school, drop off my soon to be step-mother, make dinner nightly, feed the cats and dog, take the dog out, buy the groceries, pay the bills, do the laundry, clean the house and I'm not entitled to 30 minutes of peace in the evening because it's HUGE news that Lebron is playing b-ball?? I'm a god-awful tyrant because I don't give a rat's ass? and because I further more ask repeatedly to not be inundated with play-by-play analysis, I'm completely out of touch with reality, a mean person, and this event is hugely important to everyone on the planet except me - because clearly I'm a maladjusted individual.. Further compounded by the statement that I just don't understand because I'm white. Wow. Now my ethnicity has the final say in my personality characteristics - likes and dislikes?

Gross generalizations aside, I don't care to partake in popular culture. I have never watched an episode of Jersey Shore and I'm perfectly satisfied with that status. I've never watched LOST. I've never watched Sex and the City.. and yet, amazingly enough I still function every day. It's possible that I'm the mal-adjusted one, but leave me to my mal-adjustment! Who am I harming?? If anything it leaves more popular culture for the rest of the lemmings.

No comments: