Thursday, September 10, 2009

Didn't get any better!

My work day was actually not bad at all today - with the exception of a last minute change that required an hour drive to the new client's house.. that made it impossible for me to take my daughter to soccer practice. Instead my husband came home early and took her to practice. On my way home I get a text message from my husband - who is having (apparently) irreparable issues with our 12 year old daughter - all due to an argument over taking her soccer ball (and self) down onto the field, even though she wasn't practicing due to an injured knee.

After doing family therapy all day with others, the last thing I wanted to do was go home and do family therapy with my own family. However, that's exactly what I ended up doing... hour upon hour of unmet "needs" and "expectations" until now I'm just plain pissed off... and tired... very tired. My daughter and I both have to get up at 6 am. What a fruitless waste of time, conversation, and effort. I'm trying to remain positive. About the only real positive I think was that Alex got to say what she needed to say... for the most part I think Chuck did too. I'm too tired to worry about whether or not everything I wanted to say was said. It's clear that somethings need to change.. immediately.

No comments: